17 March 2006

on irishivitariousness

first, in an obnoxious show of youngest-child arrogance, i'd like to point out that mine is the only unpinchable blog in this circle of bloggers. and that it, as well as the picture it contains, were irishy long before this funnest of all fun holidays.

i have to do it, because i look less irish than all my irish-ancestry diaspora friends, family & husband. it's the cherokee in me, poor under-holidayed heritage...

that said, here's a Post O'tribute to those who beat me to St. Paddy's Day Blogging:

Your Irish Name Is...

Izett Flynn


You're 55% Irish

You're very Irish, and most likely from Ireland.
(And if you're not, you should be!)


also, if you're not so much enjoying the holiday, if you're lamenting lost loves that broke up with you in April (the cruelest month)...here's some comfort.

That said, I'm now going to use my Irish heritage as an excuse to celebrate in the midst of thesis-writing...

Erin go bragh!!!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sad I missed celebrating! (I did have fun with Nellie, though.) Way to have an Irish blog.

scøüpe said...

haha! i got 75% irish.
oh and the reason the rest of our ancestors (the Cherokee) don't have a holiday is that there aren't enough of them left alive to organise one. our other ancestors killed them all. talk about in-laws...

starbuck said...

my name is Myles O'Shea, & i'm 70% Irish. but they didn't have a question @ how little you remember of last weekend's st. paddy's day celebration. i think i coulda won.