17 March 2006

the donut theory

those of you who have known me for a while have surely heard my donut theory. well, it finally caught on, and now there's a online quiz for it.

You Are a Boston Creme Donut

You have a tough exterior. No one wants to mess with you.
But on the inside, you're a total pushover and completely soft.
You're a traditionalist, and you don't change easily.
You're likely to eat the same doughnut every morning, and pout if it's sold out.


there are only two flaws with this analysis:

1) i do like to change it up pretty often, so the pouting thing...not so much. i'll eat any kind of donut, or anything sweet for that matter.

2) technically, i'm not a krispy kreme boston creme donut, because they fill it with that super-sugary icing kind of creme. i prefer the bavarian creme inside. while darren argues that this makes me the type of donut that doesn't exist, it actually does at dunkin donuts.

and by the way, i am totally addicted to online quizzes, if you couldn't tell...

13 comments:

Anita said...

I, too, am a Boston Creme...good company, I'd say!

Rebecca said...

Huh. Um, okay...

***You Are a Powdered Devil's Food Donut***
A total sweetheart on the outside, you love to fool people with your innocent image. On the inside you're a little darker, richer, and more complex.
You're a hedonist who demands more than one pleasure at a time. Decadent and daring, you test the limits of human indulgence.

jmg said...

well, this kind of counters that certain perception by that certain someone we were discussing at walker's! i'll take this opportunity to say, "see! i was right! your complexity is astounding!"

Rebecca said...

Well, yes, I did think of that. THANKS, Jenna! I think that is the first time I have ever gotten that precise compliment. I love it.

scøüpe said...

how about that? i'm a boston creme. but frø's right, dd has bavarian creme filling and kk doesn't. that and the apple fritters are the only thing dd has going for it.

Nellie said...

I'm a Boston Creme, too. These quizzes are fun! But, uh, Bec, I'm a little scared . . .

Rebecca said...

Scared?? Scared of what, Nel? I'm finding it interesting that all you my friends are Boston Cremes. What does that mean? Do most people eat donuts the same way? Fascinating study.

karen-the-great said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
karen-the-great said...

I actually just bought Boston Cream from KK in Athens. Unless Boston is different than "Bavarian" cream...

Very yummy. (And I saved one for you, Jenna!

Sometimes I'm actually right, and it's such a pleasant surprise! :) Especially when it involves doughnut consumption.

jmg said...

oh man. they've finally got what i want. you're so awesome for saving me one!

they used to only have boston creme (which they now call 'chocolate iced kreme filled')...now they have my dream donut: a chocolate iced custard filled krispy kreme donut.

and they invented a dulce de leche donut, and they added graham cracker topping to the key lime donut, and, and, aggh! excitement overload!

so i guess darren can never call me an idealist again. well, at least he can't use the donut theory to prove it. :)

Rebecca said...

There is a key lime donut??? OH, I must have it... (esp. with graham cracker topping!)

jmg said...

yep! you used to only be able to find them in FLA, but since it's on the website and all, i'm hoping they have standardized their flavors.

starbuck said...

i also seem to be a Powdered Devil's Food Donut...
mostly correct, but do i really come off as a sweetheart??