22 February 2006

this just in

A new psychological study has recently shown that spending extended hours in a 4ft x 4ft room that is entirely undecorated except for sixty books bound in solid red, blue or green covers may have detrimental effects on a person's ability to sense such things as heat, cold, hunger, thirst, and wetness.

In one such case, the subject, having been permitted to leave the room after 6.2 hours, walked unsheltered into pouring rain at 57° Farenheit with no detectable signs of displeasure. Some researchers believed they even saw a smile on the subject's face as she headed slowly to an unknown destination.

Studies later showed that the 24 year old white female walked directly to a computer laboratory and began composing a message on a weblog, as known as a blog.

11 comments:

DEG said...

And people wonder why so many grad students develop chemical dependencies.

Rebecca said...

That poor girl. It's grad school, I tell you. It has it in for us all. Noone escapes unscathed (or dry, or sane).

jmg said...

but some end up with cute hats!

starbuck said...

the better to ignore the freezing rain with?

starbuck said...

can you guys sea my picture? it won't show up on my computer.

scøüpe said...

so sorry, my little sis.
and no i cannot see the picture.

The Rock Lobster said...

Amen to Darren's comment. But some of us did escape...and are having stupid thoughts of going back for another round of torture (a.k.a. a PhD). Why do intellectuals submit themselves to this?!

jmg said...

wow, didn't take you long to start thinking about that PhD, mel!!!

karen-the-great said...

I hear you, my friend. It's a strange thing...the siren-song of post-graduate education...

She sings to me in my sleep...

Wait, did someone say something about chemical dependencies?

SOO just kidding.

I get high on life, baby! (and am clearly insane, at the moment)

jmg said...

i'm a big fan of life myself! and if i ever say any different, please point me back to this blog post and call me a liar.

starbuck said...

as w/ all mind-altering drugs, i believe life should be taken in moderation.