14 November 2005

Half-full

Studying for comprehensive exams STINKS, but it is a great excuse to do the following things:

1) eat whatever you feel like, no matter the financial or health costs

2) take in whatever drug serves your immediate purposes: caffeine, alcohol, muscle relaxers (by prescription, of course!)

3) actually learn something "comprehensive"

4) buy "study shoes"

5) unabashedly welcome all attention, sympathy and reassurance of your superior intelligence from not-studying-for-comps-friends (hint, hint ;) )


3 more days!!!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Jenna's intelligence is SOOO Superior. She is brilliant and will pass her comps with flying colors. And, apparently, with new shoes on. (Still workin on the muscle relaxers, eh? Love it. Make em last. No, I am not a drug addict.)

edumangia said...

My comprehensive theology exam is due in March next year. Four years of Theological Studies to synthetize. One month to study. And then my Ordination. Imagine having to organize your wedding while you're juggling your way across this kind of exam!

I'm sure you'll do more than fine. I'll be praying from here. Muchas bendiciones!

jmg said...

muchas gracias, eduardo, por las oraciones y bendiciones!

and thanks rebecca! i knew you'd come through with convincing arguments!!!

The Rock Lobster said...

Okay, so I'm a little late on catching up on my blog reading, so you're probably actually taking your comps at the moment. So I am sending you happy smart brainwaves from Atlanta.

And those things you listed also apply for when you're writing your thesis. I've been living on coffee and chocolate for the past couple of months. And I'm about to go buy a "thesis sweater" to help with my defense.

scøüpe said...

yeah, so i'm with the lobster on the late email checkage. hope your doing well and not stressing out too much.
maybe now i can finally get my little sister out for a drink.