15 November 2006

William Mason Grem

Like any true Mason or Grem, little Will's first instinct was to quietly prove (almost) everyone wrong.*

Even though lots of people were convinced this one was a little girl, we have pretty solid proof to the contrary. Which means someone else could be having a little girl soon...or maybe that will be our next one.

As for his name, William is after Darren's father, and Mason is after mine. We're still considering Miles in place of Mason, but my brother has made some serious threats regarding that one.

But then again, Scøupe hasn't seen my middle block and back leg roundhouse kick. I could take him. Piece of cake.

*i am, in fact, aware of this split infinitive, but i am using it purposefully for the sake of both the meaning and rhythm of the sentence.

12 comments:

secretsquirrel said...

i am, of course, honored, but also proud, touched, and humbled.

thank you both :-)

as to cherie's premonition that "someone" was going to have a little girl - she just found out that her neice had a girl this week. so, i consider her record for pregnancy prognosticating accuracy to still be unblemished.

Anonymous said...

Hurray for little boys! I'd better get to knitting...

The Rock Lobster said...

Ooh, a boy! I know just the thing to knit. Everyone needs to hold off on the babies because I am already waaay behind on the knitting, thanks to my sister-in-law's twins.

And you're already plotting out the next child? Merciful heavens--my friends are having babies. I still can't get my head around it. Congrats!

jmg said...

i concur about Cherie's accuracy. Jenn told me the other day that, when they visited this summer, Cherie's first instinct was that it would be a boy. so she was definitely right to begin with :)

Anonymous said...

i would just like to remind you that i totally called this one. i think i might start playing lotto.

Anonymous said...

the above comment is from me.

brooke, an idiot who can't sign in because she doesnt have a blogger account.

jmg said...

aw, you're not an idiot brooke! and you did totally call it. totally.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet little will!! what a great name :) You and Darren have superb taste :)

I like naming after family, too..

-h

Rebecca said...

HUGE congratulations!!! I can't wait to meet 'im.

LotusKnits said...

Woot! I was right too! Congrats to you both! Now, what to knit....

jmg said...

wow, with all you knitters out there, we'll never have to buy him clothes! :)

karen-the-great said...

yes, this is a copy-and-paste-job from my comment on Darren's blog. I want everyone to know that I can joyfully admit my mistakes:)

"sometimes it's okay to be wrong. in fact, it can be downright fabulous!

but I guess I'll have to rethink the original knitting plans. :)

Hooray!