17 October 2006

me and Big Brown

yep. he's back. warm, cuddly Big Brown and i have been spending lots of time together...drinking hot cider...reading (student papers)...cuddling up on the couch with the Feral Cat. this makes four years that we've spent autumn together, and it's better every year. especially since it's my favorite time of year. and don't worry, darren's not jealous--he's got The Boss and Maverick to keep him company.

in other news, we went to the doctor again and discovered that we have a magic scale at our house. seriously, i could sell it for big bucks. according to our scale, i haven't gained a pound in 14 1/2 weeks of pregnancy. according to the doctor, i have gained 6 pounds in 2 weeks. this is a relief for me, but imagine the ordinary, non-pregnant woman. who wouldn't want a scale that miraculously kept you from knowing you had gained weight?

now, if they're like me, they would still question why their clothes fit differently. but, many women obviously rely more on numbers than appearances, because they will flip out over gaining two pounds even when they look as fabulous as ever. so, surely they would believe my magic scale as well.

hmmmm. maybe i can make a little income on the side by marketing this thing. maybe even put little willmily through college....

in other news, i think i found an atrocity to rival the $3.75 small steamer at jittery joe's. $5.25 baked potato at the bulldog cafe.

yep.

$5.25.

for a potato.

with butter and sour cream.

it's appalling what people will charge when the majority of their clientel are not spending their own money.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love Big Brown! Remember when you loaned me Big Brown for the week a couple falls ago? It was quite a week. Oh, how I love Big Brown. I have yet to find any sweaters that compare.

Anonymous said...

OHHHH, Big Brown is a SWEATER!! Ok...lol I was like, "what is big brown???!!! Is it a teddy bear??" Lol

I am the numbers girl..I stand on a scale and .5 lbs puts me in a funk. I had to start weighing once a week because I was becoming crazy...maybe instead of a magic scale, I need some Jesus Juice :) Yall can pray!

starbuck said...

i assume maverick's a bomber jacket?
i like big brown, too.
i, by the way, finally spent my $100 online gift certificate @ overstock.com, & got 2 jackets & a ring.
one "antiqued w/ sherpa spill-out", & one "charcoal grey peacoat". the ring has an irish design, & spins!
...anyway, have a good season w/big brown!

jmg said...

i must see these jackets--i think you mentioned them before. bringing either one to VA?

scøüpe said...

i just bought a peacoat, as well. my original got lost somewhere in moving around this town last year so i had to replace it.